Sunday, August 15, 2010
Day 4 Post-Op!
So, here I am on Day 4 Post-Operation.  I have been relatively pain free, thanks in large part to the percocet/oxycodone.  This stuff REALLY works.  Thankful for the pain eliminating effect of this drug!  I am, however, not thankful for another big side effect (and of general anesthesia) -- CONSTIPATION.  Yes, you heard me.  I have been struggling with my bowel movements the past 4 days, especially with a knee brace that runs from my inguinal crease (groin area) all the way to my ankle, immobilizing my leg.  Try sitting on the pot with a straight leg...not easy!  Too much information, I know, but come on...I'm trying to record the whole process here!

Here is a picture of me on Day 3 Post-Op, finally was able to remove the brace and "stretch out" the leg a little bit.

Day 3 Post-Op - Yes, that is a Chuck Norris shirt.
The apparatus you see running from my knee and out of the picture is a water pump, which pumps ice cold water into a brace strapped around my knee.  Much nicer than a traditional bag of ice.

Like I said, there hasn't been much pain, but when there is it's intense.  Most of the pain is located right below the knee cap, leading me to assume (and confidently so) that the pain is coming from my patellar tendon.  To recap, I had the patellar tendon graft, so they had to harvest the middle 1/3rd portion of my patellar tendon to recreate my ACL.  This is undoubtedly where the pain is stemming from.
1 Comments:

Post a Comment