Wednesday, May 5, 2010
New 'Experiences'
It is officially May, which in Virginia means it is finally starting to shift to summer.  March and April are technically condsidered 'Spring,' yet every other day it is freezing cold, or very hot out.  Now that May is here, we can pretty much expect the latter.

If you have been reading my blog you know that I am working with Peak Experiences (http://www.peakexperiences.com/) to create a strength and conditioning progression for their athletes.  Well yesterday, I finally went in and was trained how to belay.  Belaying is being the anchor for someone who is climbing the wall, so in the case of them falling you are there to stop the rope before they hit the ground.  I have a test tonight to become officially certified as a belayer.  Right after that I get to belay for my EF Challenge group, who is meeting there to have an alternate workout.

I have been running my group into the ground these past couple weeks, and this will be a good alternate workout to change the pace, and even reward them for the hard work they've put in for me.

May is also a special time for me because baseball is starting back up.  I am a coach for the Midlothian Post 186 American Legion Baseball team, and we begin tryouts May 22nd.  Some other important dates this month: May 11 - My sister comes home for the Summer from VT, May 23 - PowerSprint Triathlon, May 27 - NSCA-CSCS exam!

By the way, if you have facebook, you can log in to watch the video of us X-Athletes http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=427758061899&ref=mf
0 Comments:

Post a Comment