Friday, March 26, 2010
Monument Avenue 10k, Richmond, VA
So, tomorrow morning I am running in the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k here in RIC.  It is one of the largest 10k's in the country with 37,000+ participants.  It makes me feel good that there are that many people in my hometown that care about fitness enough to even give it a shot.  I know most of them are doing it for the social aspect, but there is always that small percentage you know will get motivated by an event like this.

Anyways, I haven't decided if I am going to run hard or take it easy.  It is supposed to be 34 degrees at start time, so being cold in addition to my naturally competitive nature will probably have me off and running.

This is also a special day because it concludes the first Endorphin Fitness Challenge boot camp I have ever programmed.  This boot camp is designed to change people's lifestyles, and I know 12 weeks ago my group had serious doubts about running a 10k.  Now they can't stop talking about it and the excitement is apparent.  They have come so far and I am forever proud and grateful.

Wish me (us) luck!
0 Comments:

Post a Comment